Friday, 3 March 2017

10 months

Well I could not resist marking my 10th month! I forgot until this evening, looking at my diary and was delighted that I forgot. Usually I have a half conscious knowing that
I am approaching a monthly milestone, but this time it crept up on me, until .... TA DA!!!

I have not thought much about drinking. I am an out and out sober at work now. I won a silly type of game recently at work and in front of ALL the staff I was awarded the prize, a bottle of wine. I said there and then, I don't drink, choose another winner.

I think deciding not to blog has helped this. I made it private for a while too, closing of this virtual life for a bit. I stopped thinking about not drinking for a while. It was refreshing and a break I needed.

I realised in doing this that I want to blog about other thing to do with self improvement, self care, not just drinking. So I may use this space to talk about those things too. I guess I am moving on to a new stage in recovery. I think if I read the journey of others who are nearing their year mark, I might find the same dialogue.

So I have no revelations, no major updates to convey. I just have a contentment with my choice to remove alcohol from my life.

10 months seems like a long time I know, if you are new to this and counting days, but it has flown by. Take heart, time moves on and so will you.

If you are reading this and wondering if quitting drink is worth the work, the focus, the care, the caution and the change you must make in yourself. Then take heart. It is worth it. You are worth it. A world of possibilities will open up for you.

Take heart. Have courage. Be brave. Be your beloved.

Love SP

6 comments:

  1. Congrats SP! I want to be where you are someday. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to read this SP because even though I am at almost 4 months but I have been posting about self-care, self-realisations and family lately.

    We are not entirely defined by our addictions - in that I have to move my mind from AA a little as labeling can be too harsh for some and work beautifully for others.

    I would love to hear about your emotional and physical journey - even just to say hi. It doesn't have to be all about the drink or the lack there of!

    M xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on 10 months! BE YOUR BELOVED - I love that.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Good to hear from you. So happy that you feel like you're moving on in your life. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on 10 months and yes I'd love to hear about other things you're doing! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on 10 months. I'd love to read about anything you write since we all do seem to follow similar patterns when we stop. Love that you said you don't drink when you won, me, I would have demanded a different prize ha ha

    ReplyDelete